Sunday, November 16, 2008

Crochet With Paper Raffia




Paper Raffia is IN STOCK in the Crochet Shoppe at http://www.crochetasylum.com/. And. . .

In case you're wondering how Paper Raffia works up as a crocheted fabric, it's absolutely wonderful. Take a close look at the four photos above. Those are all made from Paper Raffia and a size I Boye aluminum crochet hook. The stiff nature of Paper Raffia makes it perfect for accessories like handbags, hats, belts, baskets, luggage, portfolios, and laptop bags (to name a few).
This "fun stuff" comes in 18 gorgeous and fashionable colors on 100 yd spools. Most of the patterns require only one, two, or three spools to complete. And, of course, Paper Raffia is available in our Crochet Shoppe - $4.95/spool.






2 comments:

Zoe said...

Hi Ms. Nolfi,

Is paper raffia a durable fiber? I've been surfing the web to find stiff fibers to crochet for summer hats. I'm so glad I found your site,
Wow!! Those are pretty hats and handbags!!!

Shannibolflocks said...

I tried to leave a comment earlier on but everything siezed up so here goes again. I've been looking for a way to do a trilby and after seeing your fantastic hats I wonder if you have created an e-book or have a pattern book for them. Great blog by the way, regards Joyce